TransformNow is a health consultancy service providing effective strategies that improve your health and wellbeing.
Chill Pill™ - Cognitive Enhancement
The Chill Pill has 8 essential ingredients which act together to boost memory and cognitive health and can help with anxiety as well as general wellbeing. The nootropic abilities of the ingredients are well documented and as the research and evidence develop further, we’ll keep translating leading-edge research into the best brain-boosting supplement we can.
- Lions Mane Mushroom 500 mg
- KSM66 Ashwagandha ® 400 mg (Root extract containing 5% withanolides -25mg –milk)
- Lemon Balm Powder 400mg
- Phosphatidyl Serine 120 mg
- L-Theanine 100 mg
- 5-HTP 100 mg
- Saffron 30 mg
- Black pepper extract 5mg
Available Coupons (click on a coupon to use it)
Take 2 capsules per day. Do not exceed recommended use. Store in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
This product contains traces of milk. No other common allergens have been added but ingredients may contain traces of egg, soy, nuts and gluten.
- Lions Mane Mushroom powder
- Ashwagandha KSM66® (root extract containing 5% Withanolides – 25mg)
- Lemon Balm Powder
- 5-HTP powder
- Pure Saffron
- Black pepper extract
- Magnesium stearate
- Vegetarian capsule shell
KSM-66 is a registered trademark of Ixoreal Biomed Inc.
Lions Mane Mushroom
The Lion’s Mane mushroom has been used in Eastern and Oriental medicine for many centuries. It has been used in a dry form, in soups and eaten raw. It was used primarily for the elderly and those who anxiety, dementia and what was considered ‘mental weaknesses. In recent years it has been discovered that Lion’s Mane mushroom has a unique neuroprotection quality as well as increasing the growth of nerves. It has an abundance of NGF which is a protein which is essential for memory, brain elasticity and cognitive learning.
Other clinical studies have shown a clear and robust link between Lion’s Mane mushroom and its ability to help with focus and memory.
Mory K, et al. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. (2009)
Often sleep can be disturbed by anxiety and stress and several studies have shown that not only do sleep patterns improve but levels of anxiety decrease using Lion’s Mane mushroom.
Ashwagandha (KSM66) – root extract
Ashwagandha has been used for centuries in Eastern medicine and has recently seen popularity increase in its use in the UK. The most effective part of the plant is the root and numerous studies have been conducted on the plant known as the’ king of herbs’.
Anxiety and stress
Clinical studies have proven that Ashwagandha can help with anxiety and stress. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of Ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Chandrasekhar, K., Kapoor, J., & Anishetty, S. (2012). Indian journal of psychological medicine, 34(3), 255. Other studies have shown the effectiveness in memory and cognitive function effectiveness in sleep
- Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions Choudhary, D., Bhattacharyya, S., & Bose, S. (2017). Journal of Dietary Supplements, 1-14. Chicago
Other studies have shown that a marginal increase in libido for both men and women can occur as well as a rise in fertility for both sexes and an increase in testosterone production.
- Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study Dongre, S., Langade, D., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015). BioMed research international, 2015.
- Examining the effect of Withania Somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial Wankhede, S., Langade, D., Joshi, K., Sinha, S. R., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015). Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12(1), 43.
Lemon Balm ( Melissa Officinalis) has several wonderful properties, not only is it used to aid digestion but is also has effectively been used to combat stress and anxiety as well as chronic bouts of insomnia.
- Kennedy DO, Wake G, Savelev S, Tildesley NT, Perry EK, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB. Modulation of mood and cognitive performance following acute administration of single doses of Melissa officinalis (Lemon balm) with human CNS nicotinic and muscarinic receptor-binding properties. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003 Oct;28(10):1871-81. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12888775
- Cases J, Ibarra A, Feuillère N, Roller M, Sukkar SG. Pilot trial of Melissa officinalis L. leaf extract in the treatment of volunteers suffering from mild-to-moderate anxiety disorders and sleep disturbances. Med J Nutrition Metab. 2011 Dec;4(3):211-218. Epub 2010 Dec 17. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22207903
Phosphatidyl Serine is a chemical which the body can make, however, and it is abundant in the brain of animals. Most of the supplements today which contains Phosphatidyl Serine are extracted from cabbage or from Soya. The body can make Phosphatidyl Serine but gets most of what it needs from foods. Phosphatidyl Serine is important in many bodily functions and especially in the maintenance of cellular function of the brain.
- Palmieri G, Palmieri R, Inzoli MR, et al. Double-blind controlled trial of phosphatidylserine in patients with senile mental deterioration. Clin Trials J 1987;24:73-83.
- Amaducci, L. Phosphatidylserine in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: results of a multi-centre study. Psychopharmacol.Bull. 1988;24(1):130-1
L-theanine is an amino acid found in fungi, mushrooms and in green tea. It is very similar in structure to glutamic acid. L-Theanine has been used for anxiety and stress. It has gained popularity for mental performance and attention. Additional uses may be for high blood pressure as well as an immune booster.
- Kelly SP, Gomez-Ramirez M, Montesi JL, Foxe JJ. L-theanine and caffeine in combination affect human cognition as evidenced by oscillatory alpha-band activity and attention task performance. J Nutr 2008;138(8):1572S-1577S
- Lu K, Gray MA, Oliver C, et al. The acute effects of L-theanine in comparison with alprazolam on anticipatory anxiety in humans. Hum Psychopharmacol 2004;19:457-65
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a chemical by-product of the protein L-tryptophan. It is usually produced on a commercial level It is also produced commercially from the seeds of the Griffonia Simplicifolia plant which is grown in Africa. Foods such as nuts, red meat and cheese contain tryptophan and deficiency can lead to lower serotonin levels which can cause mood disorders, such as anxiety. A tremendous amount of research is currently in progress in serotonin and mood and how it may help sufferers.
5-HTP is used extensively for insomnia, anxiety, sleep disorders, migraine and for the treatment of headaches. It is also used for fibromyalgia, ADHD and for several degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s disorder and Alzheimer’s disease. 5-HTP mechanism is very interesting as it works in the brain as well as the central nervous system to increase serotonin.
Serotonin is a chemical which nerve cells produce and is often known as the ‘mood enhancer’. Serotonin has an impact on every part of the body from maintaining good bone health, healing wounds to regulating anxiety. Serotonin also helps with bowel movement and hence it is found in the stomach and intestines.
Saffron is an extremely mystical and potent plant. It is priced more than gold and pure Saffron is not only rare but also very expensive. It was known as the spice for the kings and emperors and was traditionally used to alleviate stress and used as an aphrodisiac. Saffron has been added to this supplement for its medicinal purposes and its ability to ease stress and anxiety.
Black Pepper extract also known as Piperine
Black Pepper extract has been used as a spice for thousands of years and until relatively recently it was an expensive commodity. Even today depending on the variety it can be an expensive spice. Black pepper extract has not been added to the Chill Pill for anti-inflammation properties but for its ability to increase bio-availability.
As with all supplementation, please consult your physician prior to use (especially if you have a medical health condition). Individuals will respond differently and implied results may vary. Implied results assume an appropriate nutrition and training plan. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Store out of reach of children. This product is not intended for use by persons aged under sixteen. This product should not be used as asubstitute for a varied and balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
Premium quality ingredients
Qualified experts on hand
UK orders over £30